The Kenya Institute of Special Education, KISE, is announcing applications for admissions in the 2021/2022 academic year. Below are complete details on the Special Needs Education (SNE) diploma course; including requirements and how to apply.
RECRUITMENT OF SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION (SNE) DIPLOMA FULL TIME IN-SERVICE COURSE AT THE KENYA INSTITUTE OF SPECIAL EDUCATION (KISE) FOR THE YEAR 2021.
All serving TSC teachers wishing to be considered for admission to KISE for the two year full time SNE Diploma in-service course are informed that application forms are now available and can either be down loaded from the Ministry of Education Website http://www.education.go.ke. Or from the nearest CDE’s /SCDE’s offices.
The areas of specialization this year are: Visual Impairment, Physical Handicap, Mental Handicap, Hearing Impairment, Autism, and Deafblindness.
Duly completed application forms must be submitted personally by the applicant to the SCDE’s by 16th March, 2021. All applications and merit lists shall be remitted by the office of the SCDE to Jogoo house B, room 715, 618/19 latest 23rd March, 2021.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION:
- Below 50 years of age
- Holders of PI certificate OR P1 by promotion through Teacher Proficiency Courses
- Serving TSC teachers for at least five years
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
Each applicant will be required to present in person during the registration the following
- Duly filled application forms in own handwriting (except for Visually impaired applicants)
- Original and certified copies of academic certificate(s)
- Original and certified copy of the letter of appointment by the TSC
- Original and certified copy of professional teacher training certificate
- Original and certified copy of National Identity Card (both sides) or Passport.
- Coloured passport size photograph taken within the last three months.
- Original and certified copies of other relevant testimonials.
Successful candidates will be informed through SMS and advised on how to get their admission letters.
The registration exercise is conducted free of charge.
- Admission requirements for Diploma in Primary and Childhood Development Teacher Education 2021; Programme of activities and reporting dates
- List of Teacher Training Colleges approved to offer the new Diploma in Primary Teacher Education Course- Ministry of education