ONLINE APPLICATION FOR TSC NUMBER; FREQUENT QUESTIONS & CONCERNS PLUS THEIR SOLUTIONS
1. WHICH DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
- National ID (Both sides)
- Degree/Diploma/PTE/ECDE Certificate (As Applicable)
- Academic Transcripts (For Degree/Diploma holders)
- KCSE Certificate
- KCPE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- KRA Pin Certificate
- GP 69 Medical Form
- Bank Slip (If you’ve paid via the bank)
- A screenshot of the MPESA transaction message (If you’ve paid via mpesa)
- Your Passport size photo (You can take it using your smartphone)
HOW DO I PAY THE TSC REGISTRATION APPLICATION FEE?
- PayBill Number 625625
- Account No. Your ID Number Starting with TSC… (eg. TSC12345678)
- Account Number: 01001000905001
LOST YOUR KCPE/KCSE CERTIFICATES?
- You can apply online for confirmation of results then proceed with the TSC application without the lost certificate.
- Open this link, click ‘Register’ to create an account then apply. Link: https://qmis.knec.ac.ke/
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS CONFIRMATION OF RESULTS APPLICATION:
- A photocopy/result slip of the lost certificate. or
- The Class nominal results sheet for the year you did the exam.
- APPLICATION FEE: You’ll be required to pay an application fee of Kshs. 2,320 via MPESA Pay bill 250544. The Mpesa Account number is provided via SMS after submission of the application and verification of your documents.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY NAMES ARE NOT MATCHING ON MY DOCUMENTS
CAN ONE USE PHOTOCOPIES TO APPLY FOR A TSC NUMBER?
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE TSC NUMBER?
WHAT IS GP 69 AND WHERE DO I GET IT?
Download the GP 69 form here: All TSC forms for teachers: Free PDF download and filling guides
HOW DO I APPLY FOR MY TSC NUMBER, ONLINE?
The new TSC teacher registration process is straight forward. Follow the steps in this link, carefully; TSC new teacher registration guidelines, requirements and online procedure: Easily get your TSC Number.
HOW CAN I CHECK THE PROGRESS OF MY APPLICATION?
You are supposed to monitor your registration status online. To be able to do this, please refer to these simple steps; How to check your TSC number online
WHAT DO THE VARIOUS INDICATORS THAT I SEE WHILE CHECKING MY TSC REGISTRATION STATUS MEAN?
- In Progress; This means that the application has been submitted but not yet checked at the registry.
- Verified; The application has been checked and all details confirmed correct.
- Registered; This is the final status for a successful application. The TSC Number is indicated on the portal. A text message is sent to the applicant as well.
- Reset; This means that there’s an error which needs to be rectified. The error is stated both on the portal and in a text to the applicant.
- Incomplete; The application is not complete/not submitted
- Rejected; This feedback is given when the applicant doesn’t qualify to be registered as a teacher, especially for failing to meet the minimum academic qualification.