Technical and Vocational Education Training, TVET, institutions over various certificate, diploma and craftsmanship training to students in Kenya. The beauty with TVET training institutions is that they offer flexible entry and fee requirements to students wishing to study in these institutes. TVETs are registered, accredited and regulated by the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA); which is a public corporate agency established under the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Act No. 29 of 2013 to regulate and coordinate training in the country through licensing, registration and accreditation of programs, institutions and trainers. Section 7 of the Act, 2013 gives the powers and functions of the Authority to regulate and coordinate training; inspect, license and register and accredit training institutions; accredit and inspect programmes and courses; promote access and relevance of training programmes; determine the national technical and vocational training objectives; assure quality and relevance in programmes of training among other functions.
How to get placement
To get a place at a TVET institution, one has to apply via the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS). The available programmes, institutions, minimum entry requirements and the application procedure are always available on the KUCCPS Student’s Portal accessible through the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke. KUCCPS sets an application window within which the prospective students can submit their applications. The Entry requirement for all Diploma Courses is a C- and above; D (plain) and above for Certificate while other course categories are open.
The good news for students joining TVETs is that they can now apply for funding from the Higher Education Loans Board, HELB. They can now get Loans and Bursaries from HELB for their fees payment and upkeep.
HERE IS THE LIST OF REGISTERED TVETs IN COUNTY
The table below provides TVET institutions’ information in the order: Institution Name, Category, Type, County, Registration Number and Registration Status.
|Achievers School Of Professional Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0054/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Adept College of Professional Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0003/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|African Institute of Research and Development Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0055/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|AIC Naivasha Technical Training institute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0090/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Amboseli Institute of Hospitality and Technology||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0027/2015||Registered and Licensed|
|Bahati Institute Of Business And Administration Studies||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0018/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Baraka Agricultural College||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0093/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Barut Youth Polytechnic||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0020/2015||Registered and Licensed|
|Berea Christian College For Integrated Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0094/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Bright Star Institute of Business Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0097/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Chemare VTC||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0113/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Cheptuech Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0088/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Classic Su Hair and Beauty College||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0175/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Comboni Polytechnic||VTC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/VTC/0001/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Comboni VTC||VTC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/VTC/0022/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Dairy Training Institute||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0002/2014||Registered and Licensed|
|Dundori VTC||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0117/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Dykaan College-Nakuru Campus||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0046/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Earthrise Institute of Technology||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0022/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|German Kenya Training Institute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0121/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|House of Plenty Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0030/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Institute of AdvancedTechnology – Nakuru||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0111/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Kenstar College of Accountancy||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0030/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Kenya Institute of Development Studies||VTC||Private||Nakuru||–||Registered and Licensed|
|Kenya industrial training institute –nakuru||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0006/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Kenya Institute of Management – Nakuru Campus||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0206/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Kenya Institute of Security and Criminal Justice – Nakuru||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0211/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|KenyaInstitute of Development Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0097/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Kikopey Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0107/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|KWS Training Institute||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0004/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Lake Lawrenzo Medical Training College||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0090/2018||Registered only|
|Lake Naivasha Institute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0125/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Lion Hill Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0089/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Maiela Vocational Training Centre||VTC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/VTC/0021/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Milele College Nakuru||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0034/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Mirera Vocational Training Centre||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0213/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|MMCT-ST. Mary’s Nursing School||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0031/2015||Registered and Licensed|
|Molo Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0101/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Morendat institute of oil and gas||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0036/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Muteithia Vocational Training Centre||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0214/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Mwangaza College Nakuru||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0033/2015||Registered and Licensed|
|Nairobi Aviation- Nakuru||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0043/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Nakuru College of Health Sciences and Management,||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0077/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Nakuru Training College||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0227/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Nakuru Youth Polytechnic||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0038/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|NYS Advanced Building School||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0003/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|NYS SCHOOL OF CATERING – GILGIL||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0031/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|NYS School of Fashion Design – Naivasha||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0004/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|OSONS BUSINESS SYSTEMS INSTITUTE||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0044/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|P.C.E.A Molo College of Professional Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0133/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Prudential International School of Professional Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0231/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Rift Valley Institute of Business Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||–||License additional courses|
|Rift Valley Institute of Business Studies||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0056/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0002/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology- Nakuru Town||TVC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/TVC/0001/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|RongaiVocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0047/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|SAPTET VTC||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0119/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|Sensei Institute of Technology||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0081/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Serein Education Centre||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0061/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Skyways Aviation Training Institute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0160/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Stac institute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0047/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Subukia Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0088/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|Subukia Vocational Training Center||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0108/2018||Registered and Licensed|
|TecqskillsprofessionalInstitute||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0108/2017||Registered and Licensed|
|The Serenity College – Gilgil||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0143/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Tracom College||TVC||Private||Nakuru||TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0073/2016||Registered and Licensed|
|Wanyororo VTC||VTC||Public||Nakuru||TVETA/PUBLIC/VTC/0118/2018||Registered and Licensed|
Important news. Just for you, click on the links below;
- Ahmed Shahame Mwidani Technical Training Institute; Courses, requirements, contacts, location, how to apply, fees and website
- Complete guide on how to apply for HELB Loans
- Helb: This is all you need to know concerning helb loans; application, processing, disbursement, repayment and clearance
- HELB loans application and repayment; Get all the details here
- HELB: How to apply for the first time time helb loan; step by step guide on requirements and filling all the sections of the form
- How to get Helb loan balance, statement, compliance and clearance certificates online
HOW TO APPLY FOR TVET BURSARIES FROM HELB
Students pursuing Diploma and Certificate courses in Public universities, university colleges, public national polytechnics and Institutes of Technology and Technical Training institutes country-wide are eligible for this loan and bursary from HELB. Orphans, single parent students and others who come from poor backgrounds will be given priority for the loans and or bursaries.
- Applicants should access and fill the relevant TVET Loan & Bursary Application Form (TLAF) at the HELB website.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students/Financial Aid Officers.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on the Mezannine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma Centers nearest to you.
TVET Institution Application
The TVET Authority accredits institutions and approves managers of institutions and new programmes.
- Undertake a business name search from the Registrar of companies via Ecitizen
- Obtain a “letter of no objection” on suitability of the name from TVETA
In order to obtain the letter of no objection, present;
- Reserved business name search
- Invoice for the name search
- Copy of KRA Pin for the Director(s)
- Copy of ID for the Director(s)
- Dully filled and signed BN2 form (Click here to Download)
3. Register the Business name with the office of the Registrar of Companies
4. Download the TVETA application Forms for accreditation of institution, manager, Trainer, approval of programs, foreign institution and checklist here.
5. Submit complete application documents to TVETA offices located at Utalii House 8th Floor.
6. An accreditation officer will check the documents and compute the amount to be paid. (TVETA Gazetted Fees)
7. You will then be required to pay the amount through MPESA or TVETA bank account below.
|MPESA Payment||TVETA Bank Account|
|1. Go to the MPESA menu,
2. Select payment services
3. Choose Pay Bill option
4. Enter 894135 as the business number
5. Enter your full name as the account number
6. Enter the amount
7. Enter your pin and press Ok
|A/C Name: Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
A/C No.: 1212502450
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Branch: Kipande House
After making payment the applicant will complete a registration form in duplicate as evidence of having submitted their application. An acknowledgement letter will then be sent to the applicant.
Inspection and Assessment
1.The institution will be scheduled for inspection and a Team of assessors will visit and inspect the institution for compliance with set standards. Download the assessment tool here
2.The assessors will prepare an inspection report which will be presented to TVETA Board
Registration and Licensing
1. Resolution of the Board based on evaluation of the inspection report shall be;
i. Approve Registration and Licensing of the institution
ii. Reject the application
iii. Request the Institution to improve within a period of six months
2. The applicant is notified on results of the TVETA Board resolution within 3 months from the date of submission of a fully compliant application documents
3. TVETA will issue training License to qualified institutions and maintain a register of the institutions and programs approved.
TVETA will maintain a register of;
i. Registered and licensed institutions
ii. Ongoing registrations
iii. Institutions recommended for improvement
At this point, the accreditation process is complete, and an institution will be issued with a registration certificate and training license.
- Kisii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kenya Methodist University, kemu, Education and other Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kibabii University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Karatina University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Kabaraki University Courses, Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Education courses offered at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, JOOUST, University:Requirements, Fees, Student Portals and how to apply
- Universities that offer education courses, teaching combinations, offered, requirements and how to apply for Chuka university courses