Are you a retired TSC teacher? Are you wondering how you can have your pension paid immediately? Worry no more. The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has made necessary adjustments to ensure quick processing of pension for retired teachers.
The mandatory retirement age is sixty (60) years. A notice will be issued two years before the date of retirement. The Commission may issue a shorter retirement notice under special circumstances.
Upon receipt of the retirement notice a teacher shall;
- Promptly forward all the required documents listed in the notice.
- Indicate full particulars of his/her bank account in the bank forms.
- Commute a fraction of his/her pension up to a quarter.
- Confirm Tax status with KRA and settle any tax liabilities.
Scenarios where one has to wait for a long time for the pension to be paid are now long gone.
Documents required by TSC to process pension for retired teachers
To ensure faster processing of pension payments, retiring teachers need to avail the following documents:
- Duly filled TSC clearance certificate.
- Two copies of bank plate both sides.
- Two copies of national ID card both sides.
- Duly completed option to commute pension form in duplicate.
- Duly completed lump sum payment form (bank form).
- Two copies each of all promotion letters/certificates.
- The earliest copy of pay slip showing Women’s and Children’s Pensions Scheme (WCPS) deductions for male teachers.
- Copies of marriage certificates/affidavits to confirm names for married teachers whose documents have different names.
- Teachers who served as Untrained Teachers to attach NSSF statement.
- Two copies of KRA PIN certificate
The Commission then forwards the approved pension cases to the National Treasury which effects the payments. Find full details on how pension is calculated in the link below;
Related news: TSC: Retirement Benefits/ Pension paid to teachers; when can a teacher qualify for pension and all you need to know about the current pension and the new proposed contributory pension scheme
I wish to request for update of my date of birth in my profileas updated recently.
AGNES N GIKUNDA
i wish to know my pension status