The Ministry of Education has been selecting students to join Primary Teacher Training Colleges for the ECDE and P1 course from the month of April cach year, which culminates in admissions in September when the college academic year begins.
As you are aware, the Ministry has already embarked on implementation of the
Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) at Pre. Primary and Early Grade levels in primary schools, and this has an implication on the Pre-Service Teacher Training, as the teachers
graduating from the colleges will be expected to teach the new curriculum in Pre-Primary schools.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is in the process of developing the Teacher Education curriculum framework.
It is for this reason that the Ministry has decided there will be no intake for Pre-Primary and P1 Teacher Training this year. The Teacher Training Colleges will be expected to start preparations for the Diploma in Primary Education course which will start in September
2020, in terms of capacity building for teachers and infrastructure improvement.
The selection for the Diploma in Secondary Education course which is conducted by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS) will however continue in the 3 (three) Diploma Teacher Training Colleges.
More articles on Education matters;
- KNEC- How to download Contracted Professional’s Invitation Letters
- TSC: Detailed guide on using the new TPAD 2 System
- TSC: How to register for AON medical Scheme services via the mobile phone
- The TSC GP69 Medical Form
- TSC: All forms for TSC leaves
- TSC: Latest Designation codes, salaries and job groups for teachers
- KNEC- Guide on how to successfully register candidates for KCSE, KCPE exams
- KNEC: Grading System for KCSE exams
- KNEC- How to correct KCSE, KCPE registration details for Candidates
- 2020 Term Dates for schools and Colleges
- P1 Teacher Training intake news
- KNEC instructions on Grade 3 Learners Assessment
- How to apply for the Kenya Education Fund Scholarships for all learners
- Gazetted School reporting and departure times for teachers and students: School routine
- Education Ministry’s guidelines on Learners’ Discipline
- KNEC: How to revise form one schools’ selections for KCPE candidates
- KNEC Examiners: Here is all that you need to know
- KUCCPS: Instructions for students on admissions to Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges
- KUCCPS: Inter Institution Transfer guidelines and procedure for students
- HELB: This is all you need to know concerning HELB loans application, processing, disbursement and repayment
- HELB: Procedure for applying for HELB loans online