Beatrice Wababu is the current Head of Corporate Communications at the Teachers Service Commission, TSC. She took over from Kihumba Kamotho in January, 2020. She has already won the hearts of many teachers with her rational approach to teachers’ affairs; through her heart warming pressers.
BETTY WABABU’S EDUCATION BACKGROUND
Madam Beatrice Wababu sat for her Advanced level of Education- ‘A’level, exams at Kaaga Girls High School.
She then joined Daystar University for her undergraduate studies in Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations. She was to go back to the same university for her Master of Arts in Corporate Communication; between 2005 and 2008. Madam Wababu also holds a Diploma in Public Relations from the University of Nairobi.
She is currently enrolled for a PHD in Organizational Leadership; at the Management University of Africa.
BETTY WABABU’S WORK EXPERIENCE.
Betty WAbabu is the current Head of Corporate Communications at TSC. She was appointed to this position in January, 2020.
Before this appointment, she was a Chief Trainer at Tafari Consulting International (TCI) from July 2019 to January, 2020.
Beatrice is a Communication and Public Relations expert, with over 17 years experience in both the public and private sector. She is a transformational life coach, a mentor and a motivational speaker too.
- TSC Quality Assurance and Standards Officer, QASO; Contacts and Roles
- TSC Staffing Officers; Contacts and Roles
- Dr. Nancy Macharia; All TSC Secretary/ Chief Executive Officers: Latest TSC News
- TSC Commissioners; Current list, responsibilities and qualifications
- TSC Structure: The new Teachers Service Commission Secretariat
- TSC County Directors; Roles/ duties they perform: Latest TSC News
- TSC leaves for teachers: Sick, maternity, paternity, study and all other leaves
- TSC Payslips; Registration, Login, details, password reset and how to download
- TSC allowances paid to teachers: Latest TSC News
- TSC News Portal: The Teachers Service Commission
ROLES PERFORMED BY THE TSC HEAD OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
As the TSC head of corporate communications, Wababu performs the following key roles;
- Restructure and co-ordinate the activities of Corporate Communications Division which incorporates the Public Relations and Customer Care Sections.
- Design a media strategy and make recommendations on how the Respondent will engage with the media for purposes of positive visibility.
- Redesign a public complaints procedure to enable the Respondent develop strategies that will mitigate against such complaints in future.
- Initiate and review Corporate Communication and Customer Care Policy and design appropriate programmes and infrastructure to facilitate its implementation.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and writing of required speeches for different occasions.
- Research on various public communication issues and develop appropriate interventions.
- Monitor and evaluate customer service both in the County and the Headquarters.
- Advise the Respondent on communication and customer care trends.
- Manage Performance and undertake appraisal of staff in the Division.
- Co-ordinate the development, design, printing and distribution of the Image Magazine and update the Respondent’s Newsletter.
- Ensure customers visiting the Respondent are treated with care and emerging issues are directed to the appropriate Director.
Follow Madam Wababu on the TSC official Facebook Page; TSC KENYA- Government Organization
Visit this link to see all the TSC contacts.