The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has created a new Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD 2) portal. The new TPAD will make it easier for teachers to upload their appraisal data in a flawless manner.
The Commission has at the same time classified the roles of the teachers, School Heads and Deputy Heads of Institutions. There are three separate portals for the Teachers, Deputy Head and Head of Institution.
ROLES OF THE TEACHERS IN THE NEW TPAD
Each teacher will be expected to do a self appraisal in the various areas, create an appraisal and upload the data online.
ROLES OF THE PRINCIPALS IN THE NEW TPAD
The school Head has been assigned the following roles in the new TPAD:
- Ensuring all the teachers have been captured on the Teachers Management Information System, TMIS, and Activating all teachers on TPAD.
- Training the New teachers and all teachers on the new TPAD.
- Expunging teachers who have left an institution from both TMIS and TPAD.
- Overseeing the whole appraisal process at school level.
- Appraise the Deputy Head/ Principal at school level. This should be done via scheduled appraisal meetings.
- Arbitrate and countersign all appraisal forms for teachers; including that of the Deputy Head.
ROLES OF THE DEPUTY HEAD/ PRINCIPAL IN THE NEW TPAD
The Deputy Head of Institution has been assigned the following responsibilities:
- Updating teachers’ weekly lesson attendance registers.
- Appraise all Heads of Departments (HODs) and Classroom Teachers via scheduled Appraisal meetings.
- Observing all Heads of Departments (HODs) and Classroom Teachers as they execute their duties.
THE NEW TPAD TOOL
Whereas the old TPAD had seven (7) areas, the new TPAD tool/ form has five (5) standards/ areas:
- Professional Knowledge and Practice
- Comprehensive Learning Environment
- Teacher Professional Development
- Teacher Conduct and Professionalism
- Participation in Professional Learning Community
HOW TO CREATE A NEW TPAD ACCOUNT
To create a new TPAD account takes a short time and easy. Follow the steps below:
- Click on https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/create_account to access the new account creation portal.
- Click on ‘Create’ Once done.
- A success message is shown and you will receive SMS token on your phone within a short time.
- Enter the Code received via SMS and click on ‘Verify Token’. This completes the registration process.
Adding your Bio Data.
Next, you need to add your level of Education and subject combination details.
- Add your information: Bio/ Institution Information, Contact Information.
- Select ‘Subjects Combination’ and add your teaching subjects. Select your subjects combinations from the list and click on ‘Submit’ when done.
- Then, click on ‘Level of Education’ to add details. Select your KCSE grade, Highest level of Education and Institution of Study. Next, click on Submit.
Proceeding to Login and Filing Appraisal data
- Click on the tab ‘Proceed to Login’; highlighted in green
- Enter your TSC Number, ID Number, Password and click on the verification box at the bottom. Then, click on Log in to access the Teacher’s Portal Dashboard.
- Click on ‘Start Appraisal’. Next, click on ‘Create New Appraisal’. The default year is 2019 and term three for the term.
- Select Eligibility and click on ‘Save Appraisal’. A success message will be displayed on your screen.
- Self Appraisal with sections; Lesson Observation and Self Assessment.
- Teacher Professional Development.
To carry-out Self Appraisal;
- Click on Self Assessment
- Followed by Create New Appraisal.
- Enter Appraisal Details: Year, Term.
- Click on ‘Save Appraisal’ then ‘Close’.
THE DEPUTY HEAD’S PORTAL
This portal contains such details as:
- Self Appraisal; Lesson Observation, Self Assessment
- Appraiser Appraisals; Pending Appraisals, Scheduled Appraisal Meetings, Weekly Lesson Observation..
- Teacher Professional Development, TPD.
- Appraisal Reports: Standard reports, PM Based Reports…
THE HEAD OF INSTITUTION’S PORTAL
The Head of Head of Institution’s Portal has the following six (6) areas:
- Appraisals; Self Appraisal, Appraiser Appraisal and Institution’s Appraisals.
- Calendar of Activities: TPAD Calendar and PC Calendar
- TPD: TPD modules, TPAD TPD and Institution TPD
- Performance Contracting,PC
- Institution Set Up: Manage Teachers, Incoming Teachers, Manage Institutions and School Performance.
- Reports: TPD Reports, TPD Summaries, Demographic reports, Lesson Attendance Reports, Appraisal Reports, Appraisal Based TPD Reports.
THE NEW APPRAISAL FORM FREE DOWNLOAD.
Click on the link below to download the new TPAD 2 form;